‘Not So Silent Auction’ – Raises Voices for WorldVuze!

Last evening we held our first ever ‘Not So Silent’ Auction to “raise” voices on WorldVuze and are happy to say it was a great success with over 600 voices raised! A few thank you’s are in order. First, thank you to all who came out to the event and to so many others who did their part to chip in. Thank you to our in-kind donors for the evening: Blyss Salon, the National Ballet of Canada, Sweets from the Earth, David’s Tea, the Air Canada enRoute Film Festival, DeSerres, Sushi Kai, Rosedale Diner, The Toronto International Film Festival, Absolute Comedy, Starbucks, imagineNATIVE Film Festival, Reel Asian International Film Festival, Grazie Restorante, What a Bagel, Second Cup and Sweet Sensations Candy Buffet. Thanks also to Scallywags for hosting our event!

This is the first step in adding more student voices on WorldVuze.

WorldVuze is a place where every voice matters and every voice is equal, bringing together students from different backgrounds all over the world. This is important as multiple perspectives are critical to breaking down assumptions and for students to gain a deeper understanding of themselves, each other, and the world around them. We can only imagine what would happen if students had exposure to multiple and diverse points of view on a regular basis, especially starting at a young age!

For this reason, it is critical for the platform to be free for teachers and their students to use. Since most teachers have limited budgets, having to pay for the site would prohibit many from using it, limiting the number and diversity of our student community. This goes beyond simply limiting diversity between countries, but even within countries, cities and towns. The real power lies in bringing the voices of young people together that may not have otherwise had the chance to encounter one another.

We want to see as many students as possible around the world exchanging points of view with one another, however, the experience is not free for us to run or grow…

That is why we need your help! Help students to have a voice on WorldVuze. For every $5, one more student can join. The more voices, the more perspectives that can help each child shape their understanding of the world.

Stay tuned for our upcoming IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign where you too can help students around the world have a voice and learn together!